ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

[Docs] ZTW HELP section 2.8   [Docs]

By: Steve Rawling     Sydney  
Date: Jul 12,2008 at 13:17

I thought John would like some target practice on one of his best loved provocateurs so I provide the following suggestions for his mostly superb help file.

ZTW help 2.8 log disk second paragraph states

ZTreeWin retains the information for previously logged drives in memory until
you release (unlog) it. To cycle the display through the disk drives that
are currently logged and in memory, press the "<" or ">" keys. (These keys
do not have to be shifted, therefore the comma and period do the same on U.S.
keyboards).

In the context of the above paragraph, the last sentence seems clumsy IMHO.

I offer an alternative but firstly I have a few questions/comments

Do the "," and "." keys on a keyboard where they are not shared with the "<" and ">" keys still do the same thing? I think so yes?

I notice, with amazement that "." is a shifted key on a French keyboard. I suppose I could reconfig my computer to try the French keyboard layout but some of you Francophiles may be willing to tell me

The term US keyboard is used by windows to be mean the US (default) layout even though there are other US keyboard layouts which do not share these keys( eg Dvorak)

So the above paragraph would be simpler and better IMHO as

ZTreeWin retains the information for previously logged drives in memory until
you release (unlog) it. To cycle the display through the disk drives that
are currently logged and in memory, press the "<" or ">" keys or the
alternative keys "," and "." keys which are unshifted on most keyboard layouts.

A second issue......

ZTW help 2.8 log disk third paragraph includes

F4 Map to network - Call up the Windows dialog to map (connect) additional
drives that can then be logged in ZTreeWin.
NOTE: This dialog may not be visible because Windows
placed it behind the ZTreeWin window. Use Alt-Tab
to bring it to the foreground.

PLACED is grammatically incorrect in the above. Here are some alternatives. My changes are in BOLD CAPS.

This dialog may not be visible because Windows HAS placed it behind the ZTreeWin window. Use Alt-Tab to bring it to the foreground.
or

This dialog may not be visible IF Windows HAS placed it behind the ZTreeWin window. Use Alt-Tab to bring it to the foreground.
or
This dialog may not be visible because Windows PLACES it behind the ACTIVE ZTreeWin window. Use Alt-Tab to bring it to the foreground.

BTW while checking with google for the correct spelling of that awefully french sounding word, "provocateur", the top hit was a link which maybe useful you all you singing lumberjacks out there
http://www.agentprovocateur.com/shop.html?isource=MOB4

Maybe the wise and noble Oh-So tilded one could get the more brief of his fur apparel added to this site.

Cheers and lots of smiles

Steve

Thread locked

Messages in this Thread

96,637 Postings in 12,231 Threads, 350 registered users, 65 users online (0 registered, 65 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: Mar 29, 2024 - 12:41 am UTC  |  Hits:62,386,162  (948 Today )
RSS Feed