ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

Alternate Alternative Alt+Release Menu   [Zeta]

By: Juergen Hestermann       
Date: Jul 18,2008 at 21:50
In Response to: Alternate Alternative Alt+Release Menu (Bernhard Steffen)

> As I understand John's proposal, these keys directly start the action.

Ah, I see. But I thought that the reason for the change was to allow a kind of "negator" for all the functions in the second line, so that the user has a list of function plus their negation with an "everything else except" prefix. Well, if I think it over this strict logic cannot be achieved anyway. The "Release drive(s)" is already an exception from the rule.

> I like the idea. It makes usage as well as writing macros easier, since
> you don't rely on the current setting of a toggle.

That's true. If we drop the "negator" logic then of course this is a much better solution. Athough, I am no sure whether there is enough room for all the function names. As already mentioned, I would prefer that we go away from the strict command line centric menu anyway, and allow, at least for second step selections like here, a pop-up window for the list of functions. It would be easier to read and can also be easily extended while the command menu always lacks the space for new functions.

Jürgen.

Thread locked

Messages in this Thread

92,959 Postings in 11,717 Threads, 347 registered users, 19 users online (0 registered, 19 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: Aug 18, 2017 - 6:05 pm EDT  |  Hits:22,987,260  (5,494 Today )
RSS Feed