ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

Error handling   [Zeta]

By: Paul Laufer       
Date: Jul 23,2008 at 05:27
In Response to: Error handling (Kim Henkel)

> We'll need to identify the error codes that were
> being reported here.

I was getting punch drunk by the time much of this was happening and I'm afraid I don't recall just why it was stopping. I worked until midnight for two days to get this guys PC reinstalled and working. It was one problem after another. It was having trouble recognizing the keyboard. Then the mouse wire was intermmittently shorting. When you think you're home free the CDRom drives are bad. Then his Windows key doesn't work with the Windows CD he had. :) Top that off with half a dozen "downloader" trojans and you have a heck of an evening.

As I was mirroring his C: drive onto an external USB drive we decided to head down to the golf course because it looked like the copy had another 3-4 hours to go. It was at 35% when we left. Upon return, it was at 37% waiting for me to hit enter. :) That was what promted me to suggest that there be a no feedback switch.

Thread locked

Messages in this Thread

96,637 Postings in 12,231 Threads, 350 registered users, 105 users online (1 registered, 104 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: Mar 28, 2024 - 11:16 pm UTC  |  Hits:62,383,909  (36,306 Today )
RSS Feed