ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

[Wish] Hide empty branches in directory view   [Wish]

By: Jeff Roberson   Homepage   Central Utah USA  
Date: Jul 23,2008 at 12:51

In directory "tree" view, it would be very useful to be able to limit the display to only those branches which actually contain matching (or tagged) files (and hide all empty branches). i.e. Only display branches which contain either: 1.) files matching the filespec, or 2.) tagged files. This would make navigating drives containing many folders much easier.

I am evaluating a new text editor (EditPad Pro) which has a very handy feature: it provides an Explorer tree view in a panel on the left which contains only those folder branches which contain the files currently being edited. As you open and close files in the editor, the tree view updates to show only those folders/files you are currently working on. I find this feature to be VERY handy and seems like a natural thing for ZTree to be able to do.

Or is this "filtered directory view" something that ZTree can already do?

Thread locked

Messages in this Thread

96,637 Postings in 12,231 Threads, 350 registered users, 62 users online (0 registered, 62 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: Mar 29, 2024 - 2:09 pm UTC  |  Hits:62,408,448  (23,234 Today )
RSS Feed