ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

Future is uncertain :-)   [Wiki]

By: Slobodan Vujnovic   Homepage   France  
Date: Jul 17,2010 at 18:06
In Response to: [Wiki] ZTWiki's future (Laurent Duchastel)

I've never really contributed to ZTWiki because of my investment in ZEN, but others
don't have that excuse :-). Still, over time, it has grown a lot of useful content, but I'm sure the number of visits is not impressive (this forum is also slowing down...)

So, I really have no strong opinions as to what you can do about ZTWiki, other than
just let it be...

To keep up with the times, I think ZTree needs a more detailed Wikipedia entry (move
some of the stuff from ZTWiki and ZTW.HLP over there?) and plenty of YouTube
tutorials -- this is as close as one can get to showing the product in person. I
don't see how else it could reach today's new users if they don't see it in action.

Time permitting, I will keep updating my ZEN site with an occasional macro or ZEP.
The site is very easy to copy, so its contents should be available when I disappear
from the web.

I suspect that ZEST, ZEN, ZTWiki, maybe even this forum, won't last as long as
Wikipedia/YouTube, so this is where the efforts of ZTree technical writing talent
should go, IMO.

Thread locked

Messages in this Thread

96,637 Postings in 12,231 Threads, 350 registered users, 65 users online (0 registered, 65 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: Mar 28, 2024 - 10:18 pm UTC  |  Hits:62,382,107  (34,504 Today )
RSS Feed