ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

Hardlinking with relative paths?   [Discuss]

By: Oliver Pretzel       
Date: Sep 18,2010 at 20:26
In Response to: [Discuss] How hard would it be to fully support hardlinks/junction internally ? (Ian Binnie)

It's a pity that the script for hardlinking tagged files always mirrors the full paths to the files.
It would be more useful if it could reproduce the relative paths, at least if started from a branch window.

Unfortunately I can't see an automatic way of passing the root directory of a branch to an F9 batch file.
Does anyone have an idea how this could be done? Can such a file even tell if it is called from a branch window?

I have written an implentation that prompts the user to enter the file, but it is sensitive (the entered data must be the full path and must have the form \dir1\dir2...\dir3). The menu is written for 4NT so that a number of user prompts only occur if really needed, but could be adapted to cmd using #ZTSet instead. I'll post it if anyone's interested.

Thread locked

Messages in this Thread

96,640 Postings in 12,231 Threads, 350 registered users, 40 users online (0 registered, 40 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: Apr 19, 2024 - 8:58 pm UTC  |  Hits:62,926,724  (7,904 Today )
RSS Feed