ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

[Tip] Comcast users with weird keyboard input   [Tip]

By: Liviu       
Date: Jun 23,2011 at 10:52
In Response to: [Tip] Comcast users with weird keyboard input (Kim Henkel)

> I'm sure nobody here is having this problem with ZTree, or I'd know about it

Thank you for the pointer.

As it happens, I just had the issue about a month ago, but didn't pay much attention since it was on a backup computer on a secondary boot that I never use. Which is exactly why I chose it to give to the Comcast guy when he insisted that he must install "something" to get me connected. Still don't think he _had_ to, technically, since the primary reason the hookup required a home visit appeared to be having him ring a secret number and recite the MAC address of the cable modem, but I digress. Later, just curious as to what was left behind, I ran ZTree and noticed some odd keyboard behavior. Didn't follow through on my suspicions, though, and just rebooted into the main Windows installation where everything worked as expected, of course. Must remember to be more vigilent next time ;-)

Cheers,
Liviu

P.S. Speaking of Comcast, I updated the email registered with this forum to my current one, but those of you who might happen to also have an address of mine ending in @ameritech.net or @yahoo.com in your address books please replace that with @comcast.net or @gmail.com.

Thread locked

Messages in this Thread

96,637 Postings in 12,231 Threads, 350 registered users, 71 users online (0 registered, 71 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: Mar 28, 2024 - 7:22 pm UTC  |  Hits:62,377,294  (29,691 Today )
RSS Feed