ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

[Bug] DirMode (ctrl) rename history   [Bug]

By: Juergen Hestermann       
Date: Jul 01,2011 at 21:48
In Response to: [Bug] DirMode (ctrl) rename history (Phil Colline)

> The point of the single operation followed by the multiple operation is
> so I don't get the number of delete characters wrong (since the single
> rename allows me to line up the characters very nicely),

Although I agree that single and multiple rename should share the same history there is no need to first do a single rename. Ctrl+Rename first shows the result while asking you to confirm or not. You can always abort or even step through many files with ENTER without changing anything.

> and I don't want
> to manually count the number I need (prone to error and time
> consuming/annoying).

Yes, that's something I find annoying too. A ZEP I have is therefore to show a preview of the rename result for the (first) file name while typing the rename mask. As long as the typed mask is invalid the text "" (or something else) could be displayed. Then you could type the required number of slashes while watching how characters disappear. It would als be a direct check whether the syntax is correct. I don't think that this would slow down things. The only problem would be to find a place to show the preview.

Jürgen.

Thread locked

Messages in this Thread

96,637 Postings in 12,231 Threads, 350 registered users, 71 users online (0 registered, 71 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: Mar 28, 2024 - 5:06 pm UTC  |  Hits:62,373,777  (26,174 Today )
RSS Feed