ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

[Comment] Configuring the opening of a Word document   [Comment]

By: Martijn Coppoolse   Homepage   Voorburg, NL  
Date: Sep 18,2011 at 22:20
In Response to: [Comment] Configuring the opening of a Word document (John Miyamoto)

> I'm encouraged to hear that Antti can reproduce my problem, but I
> cannot reproduce his solution. I typically log onto my computer as an
> administrator

Under Vista and later versions of Windows, logging in as administrator is not enough. You have to actually run the application as administrator, by right-clicking on it and selecting 'Run as administrator', or by ticking the checkbox 'run as administrator' on the 'Compatibility' tab of a shortcut to the application.

But from your reply to John Gruener’s post, I gather that doesn’t help either.

Perhaps you have two versions of Word running, one elevated (run as admin), and the other isn’t. I’m not certain how to prevent that from happening, though.

How did you launch the first instance of Word, and how did you open those first document(s)?

FWIW, I can't reproduce the problem on either of my PCs; all documents are opened in existing instances of Word. But then, I've got UAC disabled, and permanent administrator access.

--
Martijn

Thread locked

Messages in this Thread

96,637 Postings in 12,231 Threads, 350 registered users, 87 users online (0 registered, 87 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: Mar 28, 2024 - 11:25 pm UTC  |  Hits:62,384,190  (36,587 Today )
RSS Feed