ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

More information ...   [Bug]

By: Bill Kingsbury       
Date: Jan 09,2012 at 04:52
In Response to: [Bug] Search doesn't work within a single-line file (Liviu)

I tried unwrapping the one-line "Comodo_anti-virus_log.htm" file, and with this file the search works perfectly -- the highlight advances to each hit when tapping the space-bar.

Next I tried different-sized "one-line Session files", and the mis-behaviour is consistent on all sized files -- from 100 KB to 5 MB.

Here's what's odd: --

Tapping the space-bar when searching for a word NOT contained in one of these Session files, causes the wrapped view to scroll to the end of the file, in the normal fashion.

But tapping the space-bar when searching for a word *known* to be contained in a "Session file", causes the wrapped -- and also the unwrapped -- file view to "freeze", and not scroll at all.. (I tried editing out the un-wrapping header, but the behavior remains the same.)

Therefore, if the Session file *fails* to scroll down in a wrapped view, it is proof that the word being searched for *does* exist somewhere within the file, if it isn't visible at the start of the file.. Then Page-down always finds the hit, eventually.

Bill

Thread locked

Messages in this Thread

96,637 Postings in 12,231 Threads, 350 registered users, 94 users online (0 registered, 94 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: Mar 29, 2024 - 5:46 am UTC  |  Hits:62,394,073  (8,859 Today )
RSS Feed