ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

[Discuss] Ancient mariner looking for DOS life preserver   [Discuss]

By: EdNeff       
Date: Mar 24,2013 at 08:59

Hi

I've used DOS since version 1.0 and am now forced to move to a 64bit machine. So I am in desperate need of good command line programs that run on 64bit machines. I don't care if they are 32 or 64 bit just so long as they run. I will be using the WOW64 way of opening the Command Prompt

1.. My Text Search (a Norton TS from the 80s) no longer function - if you are familiar with Norton Test Search you know how simplistic it is and that is all I am looking for. If the package happens to also do a simplistic text replace that's fine as well

2. my command line Explorer like tool that I've used since 86 no longer works. I use that at least 100 times a day. It was called WindowDos long before windows. If they had patented the name what would have become of windows. The tool pops up a directory window and you can move around hard drive very easily. It was a great tool. It appears as I am posting here that I hopefully have found this tool in ZTree

3.. something that searches a path looking for a program (again old Norton FL command no longer works)

4.. a LIST replacement simple and small - I may have found this in a program patterned after List called ZBList www.bizer.com/zblist/

Thank you

I still have the bumper sticker from PC Computing (long since gone) that says "I "heart" DOS"

ed

Thread locked

Messages in this Thread

96,637 Postings in 12,231 Threads, 350 registered users, 69 users online (0 registered, 69 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: Mar 29, 2024 - 1:27 pm UTC  |  Hits:62,407,501  (22,287 Today )
RSS Feed