ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

[Discuss] Shift-Enter, Shift-* to log directories, only   [Discuss]

By: Liviu       
Date: May 13,2013 at 07:25
In Response to: [Discuss] Shift-Enter, Shift-* to log directories, only (John Gruener)

>> There is currently no easy/consistent way to log just the first
>> level subdirectories, without also logging the files in the current
>> directory. This is what Ctrl-Right does, but only if there are any
>> subdirectories at all, otherwise it will log the files in the leaf
>> directory - which requires constant alertness during interactive use, and
>> also makes it harder to automate. Alt-Log-1-Level always logs current
>> files, too. Alt-Log-Tree logs directories, only, but it goes full depth
>> without any option to limit it to a preset number of levels.
>
> The DM Ctrl-Right does this. When the current CO-related bug is fixed,
> you should see it in all cases.

You are right as of v2.4.120 (for DM), but that was merged in with a change to the Ctrl-Right behavior itself. My previous bug report did (intentionally) not indicate a preference as to how to "fix" it, and was just asking that the cursor should not go into no-man's-land, and the display should reflect the "logged" status right away. As of now, both issues have been fixed _and_ additionally Ctrl-Right on a leaf directory in DM is no longer logging files. I think the latter change makes sense, but couldn't presume it in advance at the time I wrote the above.

>> It could be helpful to have a dedicated command that always logs the
>> first level subdirectories - and does nothing else regardless of context.
>> That command could be assigned to Shift-Enter.
>
> This won't be required if my ZEP is implemented.

Correct, that's not required. But how about "as a bonus shortcut" then ;-) I know you wrote "I'd hate to burn the Shift-Enter just to substitute for [...]", and I fully reckon that keys are a precious limited resource. But in this case, it's been 13 years since http://www.ztw3.com/forum/forum_entry.php?id=17398 and Shift-Enter has been so carefully preserved that it's still not used today for anything.

Cheers,
Liviu

Thread locked

Messages in this Thread

96,637 Postings in 12,231 Threads, 350 registered users, 72 users online (0 registered, 72 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: Mar 29, 2024 - 10:32 am UTC  |  Hits:62,401,726  (16,512 Today )
RSS Feed