ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

Making use of the file date real estate   [OT]

By: Laurent Duchastel     Montréal, Québec  
Date: Sep 04,2013 at 04:41
In Response to: Making use of the file date real estate (Slobodan Vujnovic)

> One good thing about your naming (just the actual film name, not the
> extra info)
> is that it in general matches 95% the name shown on IMDB, so you can
> come up with a
> macro to search imdb.com for just that part -- the substring that ends
> with the
> first ")".

Actually, thanks to Liviu's script, I can open two movie databases in a flash through F9. In theory, just film name would be okay.

What's important to remember however is that most people in my family do not watch my collection on PC, but only through WD TV Live devices (three devices here on unified NAS, three other in their home with external hard drive I update from time to time). On these devices, search is limited but functional. "Oh, what's the name of the movie with Robert Redford?". Search "Redf" with PITA on-sreen keyboard and tv remote and you have the few movies from him quickly displayed! "I want to see a Sci-Fie movie tonight". "I know I have that movie in French but can only remember the original title." You can't however have additional web info from WD TV Live . Only search filename and only one criterion at a time (search string only). Etc. This is why I put so much in filenames.

> Since all IMDB movies have a release date documented consistently on
> the
> movie's homepage, one could come up with a macro (AutoHotkey and/or
> pure F9) that does this:

That would be a great script!
Yet, I manually double-check everything.

BTW, I changed my convention following your suggestion to use more { and }
Now, instead of [EN;FR] or [R.Redford;P.Newman] I write the following
{EN}{FR}{stFR} {Robert Redford}{Paul Newman}.

Purely arbitrary:

() for important reference fields: year, ac and imdb codes
[] for complementary single-entry data, such as Original Title or country
{} for complementary potentially multiple-entries, such as languages, actors, and genre that can be many.

ZTree's filter supports only OR and AND NOT. Who knows ? Eventually, it could also support AND ?
I could then perhaps perform a search such as {EN} AND {stFR} AND {SCIFI} ? :-)

Laurent Duchastel

Thread locked

Messages in this Thread

96,637 Postings in 12,231 Threads, 350 registered users, 57 users online (1 registered, 56 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: Mar 29, 2024 - 2:35 am UTC  |  Hits:62,389,034  (3,820 Today )
RSS Feed