ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

[Forum] Selective Merge of 3 Disks   [Forum]

By: John Baum       
Date: Jun 13,2014 at 19:25

I believe ZTreeWin will let me do what I want to do. I'm having trouble finding the right combination of commands. I've also failed to create a Google search strategy to find them.

For several years I had 2 drives (currently F:\ and X:\) that were in a RAID1 mirror array. I gave up on the RAID1 as I went through the Windows 7 upgrade process. I now have a new drive (currently D:\) that I would like to use as my Data Drive.

I tried to be careful to use only X:\ to save files during the upgrade, but I know I have some files on F:\ that belong on D:\.

There are also directories on both X:\ and F:\ that I do not want to move to D:\

I used Windows 'drag and drop' to move what I want from X:\ to D:\. Now I want to determine which files I missed that are unique to F:\.

Is there a way to use the split window feature of ZTreeWin to compare D:\ and F:\ and display only the files that are unique to F:\ (the one's that got saved there by mistake?)

I tried a full logging of both disks after which I unlogged the branches I know I don't want to compare. I displayed them side-by-side on a split screen. Now I just want to see those files that are on F:\ and not on D:\.

If I can't do this in ZTreeWin, I guess I could just do a selective Windows drag-and-drop of F:\ to D:\, asking that existing files not be replaced unless they are more recent. If I can use ZTreeWin, I'd prefer to use it.

thanks

baumgrenze

Thread locked

Messages in this Thread

96,637 Postings in 12,231 Threads, 350 registered users, 50 users online (0 registered, 50 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: Mar 28, 2024 - 6:32 pm UTC  |  Hits:62,376,206  (28,603 Today )
RSS Feed