ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

"* " works here   [Wish]

By: Martijn Coppoolse   Homepage   Voorburg, NL  
Date: Jun 30,2014 at 07:58
In Response to: [Wish] Add the 'Space character' to the ZTree Filter characters (Bill Kingsbury)

> I believe there are many reasons to add the 'Space' character (or
> a suitable alias) to ZTree's allowable Filter characters -- considering
> that I encounter the need for this almost daily. And the following
> "new" reason, adds another whole category to the possible applications.

How is that necessary? If you put your entire filter expression between double quote characters, spaces will be accepted as part of the filter.

I was surprised to see that spaces are trimmed off the end of directory names in the [M]ake and [R]ename commands. However, when creating several layers of directory at once, this only happens to the last dir level. E.g.:
[M]ake directory: a \b
and a directory "a " (including a trailing space) will be created, containing a subdir "b" (without trailing space).

If you then set the filter to "* " (including the double quote characters), only directory "a " will be visible.

To fix a single directory's name, it suffices to [R]ename, and immediately press RETURN since ZTreeWin will already have stripped the extra space(s).

For multiple directories, a rename mask like */ would have to be used.

--
Martijn

Thread locked

Messages in this Thread

96,637 Postings in 12,231 Threads, 350 registered users, 85 users online (0 registered, 85 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: Mar 29, 2024 - 12:57 pm UTC  |  Hits:62,406,399  (21,185 Today )
RSS Feed