ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

Copy tab from Notepad, or... ZEP?   [Help!]

By: Martijn Coppoolse   Homepage   Voorburg, NL  
Date: Jul 03,2014 at 08:29
In Response to: [Help!] Easy way to search for a tab (Peter Shute)

> I want to include a tab in a search string I'm using in the viewer.
> Apart from converting every character I want in the search string to hex,
> I don't know of a way to include a tab in it.
>
> I haven't tried pasting one in because that's a bit of a pain too.

A pain?

Open Notepad, press Tab, Shift+Left, Ctrl+C, Alt+Tab to ZTreeWin, and paste it into the search string with Shift+Insert.
Once you've copied it, it stays in the clipboard until you copy something else, so you can paste the tab character multiple times.

I always assign shortcut Ctrl+Alt+N to the Notepad shortcut in the start menu, because it can be easy. In cases like these, to copy tabs and/or spaces; or in cases when there's no option to "Paste without formatting"; paste it into Notepad (which only copies the plain text version), and copy that.
Another relatively quick way to start Notepad is [Win+R]un, "notepad", ENTER. This has the advantage of working on any Windows computer.

That being said, pressing [Tab] in ZTreeWin's search input line currently does nothing at all. Would it be very difficult to have [Tab] insert a TAB (09h) character?

--
Martijn

Thread locked

Messages in this Thread

96,637 Postings in 12,231 Threads, 350 registered users, 66 users online (1 registered, 65 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: Mar 28, 2024 - 5:32 pm UTC  |  Hits:62,374,406  (26,803 Today )
RSS Feed