ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

[Bug] Disconnected External HD ZLog Loses Subdirs When \ Pressed   [Zeta]

By: Andrew Watson     Perth, Western Australia  
Date: Jul 27,2014 at 03:31
In Response to: [Zeta] v2.4.153 Now Available (Kim Henkel)

I have 18 powered external HDs ranging in size from 20GB to 2TB. My system cannot load more than 4 or 5 of them simultaneously even though I have a powered 10 port USB hub.

Also, the drives usually live in secure storage in 2 locations in the house and down at my mother's place so they all couldn't / wouldn't be plugged in at the same time even if there wasn't a technical problem preventing it.

I want to be able to find which drive required data is stored on.

I connected the drives progressively to my PC. They each mounted as E: drive. I used SUBST to map the drives to different drive letters including non-existent floppy drives A: and B: and the DVD drive D:.

I logged each SUBSTed drive and used ALT+ZLog, save and Resume.

When I had processed every drive I used ALT+ZLog, Merge to merge every drive.

Finally, I used ALT+ZLog, save and Resume to create an AllDrives.ZLOG file.

Whenever I want to find a file I press Open on the ZLOG file and use standard ZTree Filter and Global commands. If I want to find directories I use sWitch, Filter and Global.

This technique works very well though I am open to suggestions as to how it can be improved using either ZTree or other software.

However, I have discovered a bug.

When I have found the file in File mode or directory in sWitch mode that I am interested in and I press \ I am taken to the parent directory of the required directory and all subdirectories have disappeared.

I then have to reload the ZLOG file, which takes a while, and then manually navigate to the required drive and directory.

Andrew Watson

Thread locked

Messages in this Thread

96,640 Postings in 12,231 Threads, 350 registered users, 53 users online (0 registered, 53 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: Apr 19, 2024 - 2:50 am UTC  |  Hits:62,919,996  (1,176 Today )
RSS Feed