ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

SOE = Standard Operating Environment   [Tip]

By: Andrew Watson     Perth, Western Australia  
Date: Aug 02,2015 at 00:59
In Response to: SOE = Standard Operating Environment (Alan Smedley)

Writing the above made me realise how in some ways I miss my former life, but then we went for an hour and a half walk along the beach from Trigg to Scarborough in the mid "winter" 20C clear skies sunshine and I remembered why we live in Perth and how much I enjoy being retired.

I still get 3 or 4 support calls a week from family, friends, friends of friends and sundry hangers on so I get to keep my hand in.

On Monday we are going to visit Indian friends for what is always an amazing Indian lunch. After lunch, not before, I will explain to her that I know nothing about Apple Airs and that she will have to get her 1st year Arts Uni student daughter. who persuaded her to get a Mac, to support her in future.

Since she still hasn't managed to connect it to her wifi I suspect this might be a big ask.

I am reminded of the joke about the Help Desk person who after a particularly frazzling attempt to help someone with their PC, asked them if they still had the box the PC came in. When the user said yes the Help Desker suggested they put the PC in the box and take it back to the shop they bought it from because they were too dumb to own a computer.

Andrew Watson

Thread locked

Messages in this Thread

94,492 Postings in 11,923 Threads, 348 registered users, 8 users online (1 registered, 7 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: Oct 22, 2019 - 2:31 pm EDT  |  Hits:28,794,505  (3,049 Today )
RSS Feed