ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

Colour schemes   [Discuss]

By: Peter Shute       
Date: Aug 17,2015 at 17:23
In Response to: [Discuss] Ztree makes you look silly (Robert Baguley)

> I found the effect could be partly mitigated by switching to a
> black-on-white colour scheme, but finally I decided the eye strain was
> not worth it.

I tried exactly the same thing a few minutes after I posted my message, and put it all back how it was about 20 minutes later for the same reason.

I've never played with the colours in all the time I've used Ztree. (Did Xtree allow for colour changes?) It took me a while to discover that I can just press Alt+F6 to jump between standard and b/w colour schemes. Perhaps I should just use that every time a younger person comes near.

It's probably worth mentioning that one of the effects of changing to b/w is that I have trouble finding Ztree among the other programs I have open. Surely just a matter of getting used to it, but it goes to show the effect colour schemes have on one's perception of a program, so perhaps it's no wonder those who only use Explorer see Ztree as something very different.

I suspect the b/w won't fool them - where are the little file icons? I must say I've never really paid much attention to those in Explorer, and was also surprised to find that they have colour equivalents in Ztree. I never knew why some files are a different colour!

Thread locked

Messages in this Thread

94,426 Postings in 11,918 Threads, 348 registered users, 8 users online (0 registered, 8 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: Sep 17, 2019 - 1:05 pm EDT  |  Hits:28,645,440  (1,440 Today )
RSS Feed