ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

[OT] Not losing my sync'd files, I hope.   [OT]

By: Leonard R. Miller     Locust Bayou, Arkansas  
Date: Aug 27,2015 at 18:34

I want to retire my 6 yr old desktop, win 7. Please let me bounce my scheme against ya'll to see if it's sound.

My newer laptop is a 64 bit Dell and is faster and with more capacity. After I got the Win 10 update I copied all my personal files from desktop, syncing directories. Those folders are synced to cloud based servers Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive (now built-in to win10), and Dropbox.

Before updating my desktop to win10, then selling it, I'm leaning toward reinstalling win7 (and reformatting) soas to not leave any residual stray programs. As an aside, Acronis 9 would never go away so this should take care of that.

Not being familiar with the rules of syncing, my question: Will destroying my files on desktop threaten their copies on the cloud servers?

To reinstall win7 on the desktop should I simply use the original disks or should I create a new recovery disk -- and by doing so would that create a more updated system since the desktop is current with win 7 updates?

Len

Thread locked

Messages in this Thread

94,579 Postings in 11,930 Threads, 348 registered users, 9 users online (0 registered, 9 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: Nov 14, 2019 - 9:45 am EST  |  Hits:29,094,998  (4,914 Today )
RSS Feed