ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

[ZEP] ZTW Filter: CTRL-Shift + Arrow key - word highlight, and word move   [ZEP]

By: Bill Kingsbury       
Date: Oct 03,2015 at 17:59
In Response to: [ZEP] ZTW Filter: CTRL-Shift + Arrow key - word highlight, and word move (Liviu)

> >>> Currently, using CTRL-Shift together with a Left- or Right Arrow
> >>> key works differently for filter input [...]
> >>
> >> No, it works the same in all cases, which for me at least is a plus.
> >
> > What I wrote is correct, if you read the entire sentence, rather than
> > ignoring what you snipped off.
>
> I was pointing that the edit line currently works the same in all
> places where it's used in ZTree. You propose to make it behave
> differently in [F]ilter vs. all other uses. Personally, I would find that
> confusing and inconsistent.
>
> That's not to say you can't ZEP it, but just making sure that the
> implications are well understood since you sort of glossed over that
> point.

Yes, understood. Adding the "asterisk" as a word delimiter -- only for the Filter edit line -- is important, because the without that addition, it is necessary to press the F5 key four (4) times to remove the existing asterisks from filters which have been retrieved from History. That's lots of wasted "monkey motion", that (currently) makes that function non-intuitive and "inelegant".

Note: Currently --, after removing the asterisks from the Filter input line --, the cursor conveniently jumps to the adjacent word when using CTRL + Left/Right Arrow key.. Also, each time a Left/Right Arrow key is pressed together with CTRL+Shift, an additional word is highlighted. This permits rapid editing of (and deleting of unneeded words in) the Filter input line -- which is especially useful for editing "raw" phrases that are pasted there -- to then immediately be transformed into a filter by one press of the F5 key.

Bill

Thread locked

Messages in this Thread

96,637 Postings in 12,231 Threads, 350 registered users, 74 users online (0 registered, 74 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: Mar 29, 2024 - 5:08 am UTC  |  Hits:62,393,186  (7,972 Today )
RSS Feed