ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

[Wish] Catalog of Tagged Files Without Path Information   [Wish]

By: John Baum       
Date: Oct 06,2015 at 01:59

Is it possible to print a catalog of tagged files without printing the 'Path Information' normally supplied? Is it possible to only print filename, size, and date/time, i.e., to format the catalog in advance.

I would like to create a tab delimited file of all the files Alt Logged under a large, multibranched part of a hard disk. It is easy enough to replace the spaces with a tab and relatively easy to replace the attributes field with a tab using Word. The big hassle is removing the Path lines.

I plan to open the tabbed file, saved as *.csv, in Excel and analyze changes in file size, perhaps as a function of previous file size.

In the 1980's I did learn how to use Word Basic to write moderately complex macros but I've found VBA too opaque and abstract.

I can sort or see the process now,

Find "Path"

Return to the start of the line

Search down and select 2 'paragraphs' and delete them.

Repeat to end of document

I could avoid all that if ZTree let me omit the lines reporting the Path and the number of tagged files in that Path.

thanks

baumgrenze

Thread locked

Messages in this Thread

94,426 Postings in 11,918 Threads, 348 registered users, 6 users online (0 registered, 6 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: Sep 17, 2019 - 12:15 pm EDT  |  Hits:28,645,317  (1,317 Today )
RSS Feed