ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

[Comment] ZTW opening a USER restricted exe file   [Comment]

By: Steve Rawling     Sydney  
Date: Oct 15,2015 at 01:37

A strange thing is happening on my computer when trying to start up a particular file called terramodel.exe... other computer in same office, same network etc do not have this happening. My organisation has a licence for the app and also for ztreewin

OK so the application is called terramodel and the project files from that app are called [name].pro

So if I highlight name.pro in ztw and hit O to open [name].pro in ztree it opens the application with name.pro loaded.. situation normal.

But if I try to start the application from the desktop icon or by double clicking on name.pro in explorer it comes up with that message about needing admin rights.

Showed it to IT and they are puzzled...said it has to do with my computer's config but they went away and said they would get back to me.. I guess it has been like this since all computers on the network installed a new version of the same WINDOWS 7 because of a merger of two corporations into one. I almost always start the aplication by opening a name.pro file in ztw. For some reason I chose to open terramodel today by using the desktop shortcut and found this problem..weird

Anyway I'll see what develops

Thread locked

Messages in this Thread

96,637 Postings in 12,231 Threads, 350 registered users, 65 users online (0 registered, 65 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: Mar 28, 2024 - 9:09 pm UTC  |  Hits:62,380,507  (32,904 Today )
RSS Feed