ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

Get the latest version of unzip32.dll   [Zeta]

By: David Wall       
Date: Nov 01,2015 at 23:56
In Response to: Get the latest version of unzip32.dll (Oliver Pretzel)

> > Also - the crash occurs as I Alt-F5 on the zip file - I get
> > no display of internal files in the zip file.
>
> That is an important piece of information. So the problem is not about
> unzipping the archive, but reading its contents. The size of the archive
> is hardly relevant in this case.
> Oliver

Oliver - I quite agree.
There is nothing 'special' (I don't think) about the archive - My wife has a pointer to a Dropbox account in a club, and I 'downloaded as zip' some of the files for her.
Her machine is a 2GB Win 7 HP Desktop and she can open this zip perfectly well using Ztree V1.74 (2008).
She's a dinosaur and hardly lets me touch her machine - but she also has ZtreeWin V2.1.077 which crashes with a memory read error when attempting to Alt-F5 the zip.

I presume the 1.74 version works because she has a load of extra archiving programs from way back which are probably doing the work (instead of unzip32.dll)

I just thought I would update her to the latest Win version but then I crashed trying to open the downloaded file - that's where we're at..

I've just eliminated all the extra archivers except unrar.dll & unzip32.dll but I still get no joy. - Surely ztree ignores any archiver.bb2 data if it can't find the relevant archiver.

I've tried editing the .bb2 to remove as much 'junk' as I can and still get the error.

-------------
Breaking News.

I just created my own large zip file with 9500 images using Winrar and was able to get my ZtreeWin to open it and extract the files again.

However - there is something strange going on still.

Run Ztree & navigate to folder with my zip & downloaded zip in it.

Alt-F5 the downloaded zip & Ztree crashes.

BUT - restart ztree & Alt-F5 my zip file & it displays fine.

Now - press escape & Alt-F5 the downloaded zip & IT DISPLAYS FINE - BUT
if I press ESCAPE ztree crashes.

I can actually Alt-F5 - tag all the files & it downloads them - BUT when I press escape at the end Ztree crashes.

I then tried to Alt-F5 ztw22.zip (OK) then try the downloaded zip and it crashes.

The only thing different about the downloaded zip file (now I can actually see it)
is that it contains .RAR files inside it. The largest is 217MB.

Something to do with pressing escape causes the crash ??.

Thread locked

Messages in this Thread

96,637 Postings in 12,231 Threads, 350 registered users, 48 users online (0 registered, 48 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: Mar 28, 2024 - 12:16 pm UTC  |  Hits:62,366,028  (18,425 Today )
RSS Feed