ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

[Tip] Colored title bars in Windows 10 Fall Update   [Tip]

By: Peter Shute       
Date: Nov 16,2015 at 15:45
In Response to: [Tip] Colored title bars in Windows 10 Fall Update (Andrew Watson)

> Colored title bars make an appearance in version 1511 (Settings >
> Personalization > Colors, turn on “Show color on Start, taskbar, action
> center, and title bar”).

A very welcome change - I can now easily tell if Ztree is the active window, and also quite a few other programs. Unfortunately not Firefox and any MS Office programs, whose title bars remain grey when active.

> Did no one in Microsoft Marketing think about what FU means in Stralian
> and presumably all other versions of English?

I haven't seen this update referred to as FU. I assume it stands for Fall Update? In fact given that it's still just Windows 10, it's hard to google for pages about it. I can include the build number 10525 in the search, but I notice my own build number is already 10586.3. Not so many pages are referring to the version number, 1511, which is still just that on my system.

I should also mention that I had a lot of trouble getting this update installed. For several weeks, some of the cumulative updates have been failing, and so did this update. I ended up downloading it and installing it manually. During the install it requested that I uninstall my AV, as it was "incompatible". I did that, and it installed ok, and then I reinstalled the AV. I hope they fix that, I don't like not having AV running.

Thread locked

Messages in this Thread

94,580 Postings in 11,930 Threads, 348 registered users, 10 users online (0 registered, 10 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: Nov 17, 2019 - 7:37 am EST  |  Hits:29,148,932  (8,893 Today )
RSS Feed