ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

[Q] Pageless WYSIWG Text Editor   [Q]

By: Andrew Watson     Perth, Western Australia  
Date: Mar 14,2016 at 07:27

A non-ZTree question.

We are going to Central Europe for 2 months from early April. We are researching beautiful / interesting / scenic places we might visit.

I wish to copy and paste text and graphics from web pages into a "pageless"document, ie I don't want top and bottom margins and page breaks in the document. It is only going to be viewed by us on our PC.

What I want is Word without the page breaks. I haven't been able to find a pageless mode in Word. I may be mistaken.

I tried creating a pageless PDF file but I couldn't see any way to do it.

Possibly Microsoft OneNote could be used but I have a few issues with the interface that aggravate me:

1. When you clip the "whole page" it doesn't. It only clips a couple of screenfuls. You can CTRL+A, CTRL+C in web page and then CTRL+V into ON to overcome this problem.

2. When you clip something you can't create a new page. You can only use an existing page.

3. You can't see what Notebooks you have without clicking on hamburger menu.

Trivial I know but if something better is available why put up with them.

I thought of trying a simple HTML editor but which one.

Can any one please suggest a program that does what I want?

Andrew Watson

Thread locked

Messages in this Thread

96,637 Postings in 12,231 Threads, 350 registered users, 62 users online (0 registered, 62 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: Mar 28, 2024 - 9:26 pm UTC  |  Hits:62,380,905  (33,302 Today )
RSS Feed