ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

[Q] ZTree's display columns settings   [Q]

By: Bill Kingsbury       
Date: Apr 20,2016 at 15:24

I'm configuring the command-line /COLS: settings, in ZTree's Windows icon Target line -- which control ZTree's Alt-F8 "window width" command.

My ZTree window is positioned in the upper-right corner of the screen, occupying 90-95% of the available height and width of the screen.

With my current settings (listed below), when I first press (and hold down) the Alt-F8 command, the right edge of the ZTree window jumps to the right, 10 columns off-screen (while the left edge remains stationary). And I believe that I've seen other recent configurations where the ZTree window would REMAIN partially off-screen, when the Alt-F8 keys were released.

Now, after I press and then release the Alt-F8 command (one time), I would like the left edge of the ZTree window to "stay where it was", and have the right edge of the ZTree window be positioned 22 columns off-screen to the right -- which is the width of the right-side Statistics Panel. This, in order to quickly display the maximum possible file-name and path lengths.

As is now occurring... It would be acceptable if simultaneously, the left edge of the ZTree window moved over to the left edge of the screen (given the required /COLS: setting)... That is, if the left edge of the ZTree window would return to its initial position, when subsequently cycling through the narrow Alt-F8 /COLS: settings... However currently, that FAILS to occur, and the ZTree window always remains "stuck" over at the left edge of the screen, after the Alt-F8 command is pressed and released once (until ZTree is closed and restarted).

Two questions:

1) How to set /COLS: (etc.) to allow the ZTree window to display (temporarily) with its right edge 22 columns off-screen, to the right?

2) How to prevent the Alt-F8 command from shifting ZTree's "basic" window position, from the upper-right to the upper-left corner?

( My settings, for reference... )

Statistics... ZTree initial size... Cols 142 Rows 52 List height 46

Statistics... ZTree maximum zoom... Cols 152 Rows 53 List height 47

"C:\Program Files\ZTreeWin\ZTW64.EXE" /Y /ZM /COLS:142:164:120 /ROWS:52:53:42

Screen resolution 1680 x 1050

Thread locked

Messages in this Thread

96,637 Postings in 12,231 Threads, 350 registered users, 72 users online (0 registered, 72 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: Mar 29, 2024 - 11:16 am UTC  |  Hits:62,403,314  (18,100 Today )
RSS Feed