ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

[Wish] copying : bar, time and speed indicator possibility of reordering   [Wish]

By: Ryan       
Date: Dec 19,2016 at 05:57

AA=
[image]
a problem with the time and left is this thing can never be accurate. a bar indicator says 99% done but copying is still going to an indefinite time.

BB=
[image]
copying speed is more important in my view
if copying is 8MB/s, then i suspect the hard drive may be dying soon, or a cable is not well plugged in, so i must open the computer case and plug it better.

if copying speed is 20MB/s, then i may be copyig from the same HDD controller card or the same cable. so then i must stop and try differently.

if copying speed is 120MB/s, then i am copying between two different HDD controller cards and and two different hard drives.

CC=
[image]
i forced myself to use the 100 column ztree for severval months as a default ztree but it didnt work out well, because i usually open 2~4 ztrees, 80 colum ztree was more convienent.

DD=
[image]
so i would like to ask if the possible ordering of the time-left and the speed can be implimented in Alt-F10 as to which one goes first after the bar indicator. In 80 column ztree the speed one will be shown instead of time-left, and the 100 column ztree can show all as usual.

a copying speed indicator is very accurate and it can tell A LOT MORE as to what goes on between hard drives and the number of files themselves

Thread locked

Messages in this Thread

94,653 Postings in 11,937 Threads, 348 registered users, 19 users online (0 registered, 19 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: Dec 10, 2019 - 12:13 pm EST  |  Hits:29,386,616  (1,785 Today )
RSS Feed