ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

[Bug] Entire F9 Menu sections lost   [Zeta]

By: John Gruener     Orlando, Florida  
Date: Aug 12,2017 at 16:44
In Response to: [Zeta] v2.4.172 Now Available (Kim Henkel)

My F9 Menu is fairly large (over 10,000 lines and 300K). Occasionally, after editing it, I have experienced a loss of a considerable portion of this menu. Unable to identify the cause, I keep a backup, and always check that the file has not become smaller after an edit.

I've now discovered the cause and am able to reproduce this problem. In fact I can do so in v1.174. So this is a very old bug!

Here's how:

Highlight an item BB that is at Level2. This must have another Level2 AA item above it that has one or more Level3 items within it (call them AA1, AA2, AA3, etc.). The AA Level2 item must be collapsed so that its Level3 items are not visible.

Now do an Alt-Move on the BB item, moving it to the left, raising its level to Level1, and press Enter to finish the move.

At this point the Level2 AA item that was previously above BB still shows with a plus sign to the left, but all its collapsed sublevels (AA1, AA2, AA3, etc.), and all sublevels of those items, and all scripts within them, are actually gone! They've been totally removed from the menu, and on exit the ZTW.ZAM file is smaller by the amount of removed items.

Although there is a ZTW.ZA$ backup of the previous menu, you will usually not realize that these items have been lost, so the next time into the menu you will lose that backup as well. Best to have another saved backup of your ZTW.ZAM file before attempting to reproduce this.

- John

Thread locked

Messages in this Thread

96,637 Postings in 12,231 Threads, 350 registered users, 57 users online (0 registered, 57 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: Mar 29, 2024 - 12:27 am UTC  |  Hits:62,385,840  (626 Today )
RSS Feed