ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

[Help!] xp can not log junctions but "SEEs" junctions in 8.1   [Help!]

By: Ryan       
Date: Aug 16,2017 at 01:41

in XP, xp has no red color directories (junctions) as i know.

a pc was booted with XP, and xp sees the win8.1 drives. in other words, win8.1 is totally revealed and at the mercy of xp's hands, xp can do anything with the win8.1 that it wants.... this was what i thought at first....

but why does xp still see a directory like this "Documents and Settings" in red?
and xp can not log these junctions, this is strange to me. why doesnt xp completely take over the win8.1 that is not even a boot drive anymore?

since xp cant log junctions, i cant make a backup, nor can i do anything inside.
i dont think i could find alt+F10 "load junction option" either.

i only knew previously that a junction has some kind similarity like a subst.

a subst's virtual directory in RAM disappears when you turn off a pc, and reappears when you have a subst y: x: again somewhere.

but junctions dont look like they live in RAM, but they actually look like real directories to me, so i lost the junction concepts here.

what would be the junction commands for these and a junction version of exe file?

1. subst.exe c: d:\abd
2. subst.exe /d

sorry i can maybe understand the junctions better in the subst translation at this moment.

Thread locked

Messages in this Thread

96,637 Postings in 12,231 Threads, 350 registered users, 80 users online (0 registered, 80 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: Mar 29, 2024 - 1:18 pm UTC  |  Hits:62,407,278  (22,064 Today )
RSS Feed