ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

[ZEP] Co1A editor box possible makeover, and couple more editor ideas   [ZEP]

By: Martijn Coppoolse   Homepage   Voorburg, NL  
Date: Sep 01,2017 at 12:36
In Response to: [ZEP] Co1A editor box possible makeover, and couple more editor ideas (Peter Shute)

> I've got it configured to use Notepad++. Free, and better than MS
> Notepad.

Same here.

I've got Universal Viewer configured under [Alt+V]iew, which can display most graphic formats (plus a whole lot of other file formats; it supports TotalCommander's Lister plugins).

Then, I've got [O]pen which relays it to Windows' extension-based association.

And for most other cases, I've created a batch script for the F9 Menu's top item, which runs its own commands based on the file's extension.

And finally, I've got a few launch commands tucked away in the e[X]ecute's history list (with associated shortcut key for easy access).

If I need to launch a file with some other program, I'll usually just copy its full path with [Ctrl+Insert],[F]ile, start the program through some other means (usually the Start Menu's search capabilities), and use its File Open dialog to open the file from there.

--
Martijn

Thread locked

Messages in this Thread

94,426 Postings in 11,918 Threads, 348 registered users, 7 users online (0 registered, 7 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: Sep 18, 2019 - 6:18 pm EDT  |  Hits:28,649,259  (2,006 Today )
RSS Feed