ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

[Q] a window created by REM #ZTSTART "" doesnt get closed by :EOF? normal?   [Q]

By: Ryan       
Date: Sep 05,2017 at 11:20
In Response to: [Q] a window created by REM #ZTSTART "" doesnt get closed by :EOF? normal? (Nick Williams)

>#ZTSTART and start.exe
is there a way to make it run silently? because a console window appears and disappers really fast so it is terrible to my eyes. and Start /B option doesnt work, but it says in /? that it starts application without creating a new window.
but it always creates one and make it go away fast and crashes ztree if dir *.* kind of commands are attached to it, i learned about #ZTSTART several weeks ago, it can let you rename directories from ztreemenu which was impossible from the ways i know. and i was hoping #ZTSTART to replace too many window's start "" everywhere in a script to reduce typing, and if #ZTSTART ever runs faster than start.exe then and if it doesnt stay, i will use #ZTSTART always. but it seems to run a little bit slower. whether i like it or not, i will give it a try

[image]

>REM #ZTEXIT
this one actually nothing to do with #ZTSTART, it just makes you go back to the DW or FW instead of ztreemenu, it is good for adding files through ztreemenu or stamping things in a fast pace, because it saves a key stoke.

most of rem #ZT directives always run 1st before a batch, so where you put them doesnt really matter

>Use EXIT /B n instead of GOTO :EOF
ok i will try that.

Thread locked

Messages in this Thread

94,426 Postings in 11,918 Threads, 348 registered users, 8 users online (0 registered, 8 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: Sep 17, 2019 - 1:24 pm EDT  |  Hits:28,645,507  (1,507 Today )
RSS Feed