ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

Progress bar in taskbar button   [Discuss]

By: Martijn Coppoolse   Homepage   Voorburg, NL  
Date: Dec 11,2017 at 10:38
In Response to: Progress bar in taskbar button (Slobodan Vujnovic)

> Ah, so it's possible, although I'm in favor of keeping the icon on the
> Taskbar, not taking all that space with the progress bar.

It doesn't change either icon or size. The screen shot shown is just that way because I've got Windows (7) configured so that it always uses full-width taskbar buttons, until the task bar is completely full.

Here's a random example of what it looks like when Explorer is busy (copying or something) on Windows 10:

> I use Viber on my PC and it nicely updates the icon with a number in a red circle

Yes, but that requires drawing on top of the icon. I expect ZTreeWin doesn’t have any drawing code...

> > Of course, that interface was only added in Windows 7, which implies
> > this would not work on pre-7 versions like XP or Vista.
>
> Probably, and increasingly, not an issue for anybody today, I suppose.

I don’t know... We still got customers complaining when we introduced a feature only available in XP SP3 and up(!) without proper fallback.

> Another scenario where this is of no use is a setup where the user
> auto-hides the Taskbar. I never do this, but, I often watch content in full
> screen (F11), which also hides the Taskbar.

In which case all the other scenarios described in this thread are of equal use, i.e. none. I expect that nobody would want to see ZTreeWin's progress when they’re watching full-screen content, unless perhaps an auditory notification when it’s finished.

--
Martijn

Thread locked

Messages in this Thread

94,580 Postings in 11,930 Threads, 348 registered users, 14 users online (0 registered, 14 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: Nov 17, 2019 - 9:31 am EST  |  Hits:29,150,607  (10,568 Today )
RSS Feed