ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

[Discuss] Navigating directly to a specific file   [Discuss]

By: Bill Kingsbury       
Date: Mar 10,2018 at 07:46
In Response to: [Discuss] Navigating directly to a specific file (Bill Kingsbury)

> > I can't remember, and could not find it in help: is navigating directly to a specific file possible with ZTree? ...

> > Background: I've just created a file form the command line,

> > C:\Windows\System32\sleepstudy-report.html

> > and I want to View it from ZTree, without having to navigate to it. I also sometimes grab full filespecs from other file managers and tools and would like to have them instantly in focus in ZTree.
>
>
> Do you want to navigate "directly to a specific file" -- or do
> you want to View the file within ZTree (without "navigating")
> -- and without opening the file's external viewer -- or both,
> in different circumstances?
>
> Because, currently you can immediately View any file within ZTree,
> by pressing the 'V' key -- while in Directory View -- and then
> pasting the Full Path, and then pressing the Enter key.

Similar to View (above), the 'O' key might be used to Open ANY 'path + filename' -- if there was a 'new' Open dialog, in Directory View -- used to Open that file within its Windows (filename-extension-) Associated, external viewer or editor program.

Currently however, pressing the 'O' key, in Directory view, instead opens the Windows File Explorer at the location of the highlight bar.

Instead, this new 'Open file' command would work, if either Ctrl-Open, or Alt-Open, were used to initiate it.

Bill

Thread locked

Messages in this Thread

94,426 Postings in 11,918 Threads, 348 registered users, 5 users online (0 registered, 5 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: Sep 20, 2019 - 6:36 pm EDT  |  Hits:28,653,131  (1,573 Today )
RSS Feed