ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

More Info   [Zeta]

By: John Gruener     Orlando, Florida  
Date: Mar 21,2018 at 23:52
In Response to: Anyone else? (Kim Henkel)

> Odd - same Windows build here and behavior is exactly the same as
> before, ie. directory properties randomly open, file properties 100%
> reliable, no errors.

Here's a screen shot of the error from 2.4.183:

[image]

I've now tried all ZShell versions back to 2.2.19. On the faster desktop all exhibit the same behavior as 2.4.181, rarely displaying directory properties, and always displaying file properties.

It's important to note, for those who don't see this behavior with the previous versions (IOW it always displays directory properties correctly), I don't see it either on my slower laptop. It always works correctly on that machine. Of course it could be some other factor about my laptop. I'm just guessing it's because it's slower and this appears to be a timing issue.

Other interesting observations:

With .181, watching Task Manager, when properties of a file or directory is displayed correctly, the "ZTreeWin Shell Helper (unicode)" sub-process is launched as a separate task with the properties below it. When a directory property fails to display, the Helper sub-process simply disappears.

With .183, when a the error shown above is displayed, the Helper sub-process is launched as a separate task with an "X Desktop" sub-process below it. Here's a screen shot of Task Manager:

[image]

- John

Thread locked

Messages in this Thread

96,637 Postings in 12,231 Threads, 350 registered users, 60 users online (0 registered, 60 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: Mar 29, 2024 - 4:44 am UTC  |  Hits:62,392,657  (7,443 Today )
RSS Feed