ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

update your Archiver.bb2 for 7-Zip !   [Help!]

By: Hartmut Schneider     Germany  
Date: May 31,2018 at 03:39
In Response to: [Help!] Find a freebie that does - 7-Zip (John Wright)

> I had tried 7-Zip, but it produces .7z files ... but I need something that
> produces .zip files. If 7-Zip has an option to do that I'm all ears.

John,
I'm using 7-zip for years now, and it works fine for me, even on Win10.

Take a look back to Colin's post. He provided his Archiver.bb2 entries for 7-zip.
His link goes to a .txt file which you can paste at an appropriate position within your Archiver.bb2 file.

He has set up several 7-Zip 'control blocks' for several compression formats supported by 7-zip:
7-Zip 16.0 for zip
7-Zip 16.0 for 7z
7-Zip 16.0 for TAR
7-Zip 16.0 for ISO
7-Zip 16.0 for MS
7-Zip 16.0 for CH
7-Zip 16.0 for WI
7-Zip 16.0 for EX
7-Zip 16.0 for GZ

Order matters!
---- Compress: ----
When you hit Ctrl-F5 to compress tagged files, ZTree takes the first entry ('control block') for compressing.
So you should put these new 'control blocks' _before_ the other control blocks in Archiver.bb2.
[ In case you entered a destination file including the desired extension, e.g. path\file.zip, ZTree offers only those entries that match the 2nd line in the control block ('Normal extension for archives'). ]

Choice prompt:
Within Ctl-F5 command prompt, after destination file and ENTER, you can chose which of the possible entries ZTree uses for compressing, by hitting A or Shift-A:
Archiver: 7-Zip 9.20 for .ZIP [LFNU NAP] or after hitting 'A' , e.g. here:
Archiver: PowerArchiver Command Line 4.01 [LFN,EXT]

---- Decompress: ----
When you hit Alt-F5 on a compressed or .exe file,
ZTree takes the first entry ('control block') that matches the signature (see 3rd and 14th line in the control block) to decompress the file.
Note:
ZTree informs the user which entry it uses for decompressing: The 3rd line in the Menu/command area at bottom shows , e.g. here:
7-Zip 9.20 for .ZIP [LFNU NAP]

Hope that helps
Hartmut

Thread locked

Messages in this Thread

94,426 Postings in 11,918 Threads, 348 registered users, 7 users online (0 registered, 7 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: Sep 18, 2019 - 1:25 am EDT  |  Hits:28,647,516  (263 Today )
RSS Feed