ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

[OT] AutoHotKey - I need some help   [OT]

By: Doug Borg     Newton, MA, USA  
Date: Jun 26,2018 at 13:22

I know this is totally Off-Topic, but over the 13 years I’ve been on this board, I’ve seen a few off-topic requests for help from this extremely skilled community. Therefore, I thought I would seek help from my fellow ZTree-ers, since I’m pretty sure at least a few of you also use AutoHotKey (AHK).

In Excel (2010, but I don’t think the version matters here), I am attempting to automate a string of ~55 keystrokes to be cycled ~1,200 times with manual keyboard input required once in the basic cycle. Automating the repeat of the basic cycle is easy, and I don’t need any help with that. I have the basic cycle almost down; my issue is during the pause for keyboard input.

While the basic cycle is running, certain index text from an Excel cell is copied to a background clipboard manager I use named Clipboard Recorder. The basic cycle pauses at the display of an Excel dialog box (“Add Scenario” for those who are curious) and waits for input. During the pause for keyboard input, the copied text can be manually pasted from Clipboard Recorder by pressing an ALT key down and holding it, then pressing the Z key once and releasing it quickly to avoid auto-repeating, and then releasing the ALT key. This keystroke sequence does not appear to be in conflict with Excel or any other running program.

My problem is that for the life of me, I cannot figure out how to script the ALT-Z sequence in AHK so that the copied text is automatically pasted into the Add Scenario dialog box. I’m pretty sure it’s a variation of the SEND command in AHK, but I’ve tried many variations and none of them work.

Does anyone have any ideas how to put this keystone into my macro’s basic cycle?

Thread locked

Messages in this Thread

96,631 Postings in 12,230 Threads, 350 registered users, 75 users online (0 registered, 75 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: Mar 19, 2024 - 7:44 am UTC  |  Hits:62,011,579  (8,860 Today )
RSS Feed