ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

[Bug] F9 Menu: Moving item left moves all same-level items below it   [Zeta]

By: John Gruener     Orlando, Florida  
Date: Jul 21,2018 at 14:45
In Response to: [Zeta] v2.4.185 Now Available! (Kim Henkel)

First I'd like to say that programming this F9 Menu file, rearranging the levels to correctly follow all moves of items up, down, left and right, depending on whether or not there are adjacent parent or child levels, has to be a bit of a challenge, if not a nightmare. Kudos to Kim for getting this to work as well as it does.

And while I'm at it, kudos also to Ben Kent for his excellent ZTWMenuText.VBS script to convert the ZAM file to an editable TXT file, and back to a ZAM. I find this indispensable for comparing the file to a previous version, and for making mass-editing changes to the file.

While the fix in this version solved the crash when moving a child level left that's adjacent to a parent, a new problem has resulted.

Now, when a child is moved left, all it's sibling child levels at the same level below that child are moved with it, so they are all now at its parent level. Pressing [Esc] to cancel the move moves it alone back to the right, leaving all the others at its parent level. Depending on the depth of its own menu below it, this may not even be noticed at first, and can create quite a mess to repair.

As in previous versions, any child moved left should also move it down below its siblings, so it alone (along with its own sub-menu of course) is raised to its previous parent's level.

- John

Messages in this Thread

93,933 Postings in 11,850 Threads, 347 registered users, 7 users online (0 registered, 7 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: Dec 10, 2018 - 3:15 pm EST  |  Hits:26,926,088  (2,556 Today )
RSS Feed