ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

Where is video.bat located?   [Q]

By: Martijn Coppoolse   Homepage   Voorburg, NL  
Date: Oct 17,2018 at 09:31
In Response to: [Q] how can I pass variables from one batch to another? (Ryan)

> MP4.BAT has
> CALL VIDEO.BAT %1
>
> VIDEO.BAT has
> mplayer.exe %1
>
>
> put your ztree's cursor on a file abc.mp4 and press "o"pen,
> it didnt work. but it was an idea.

What did it do? Did mplayer.exe open, but not with the requested file? Did ZTreeWin flicker, or anything at all happen?

> how can I pass variables from one batch to another?

Exactly like you did it should work fine. I don't think the command-line parameters are the problem here.

I'm guessing here, but I think you problem lies in the call to "video.bat". I’m assuming that it’s located in the same directory as MP4.BAT, ZTreeWin's home directory.

But when you press [O]pen on an MP4 file in ZTreeWin, MP4.BAT will be called from the MP4 file's directory. So unless your ZTreeWin's home directory is present in the search path, VIDEO.BAT will not be found.
The easiest workaround is to include the full path to VIDEO.BAT in MP4.BAT, like this:

MP4.BAT:
"%#ZTHome%\VIDEO.BAT" %1

Of course, the problem could also be that it's mplayer.exe which cannot be found in the search path; in which case the same remedy should be applied: specify the full path to mplayer in VIDEO.BAT.

--
Martijn

Messages in this Thread

93,933 Postings in 11,850 Threads, 347 registered users, 5 users online (0 registered, 5 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: Dec 10, 2018 - 1:21 pm EST  |  Hits:26,925,904  (2,372 Today )
RSS Feed