ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

[OT] i have few questions about autohotkey or autokey, and a functional replacement   [OT]

By: Ryan       
Date: Nov 08,2018 at 15:04

hi

before I ask some questions in the autohotkey's forum, I would like to ask some questions in ztree forum about it.
was autohotkey autokey by any chance back in the time of Win98? the one with the white squre window and visibly had nothing else.

-------------------------

a file name "winkey - no.ahk" has this code.
~LWin UP::return
~RWin UP::return

AutoHotkey.exe "winkey - no.ahk" works well, it only disables a single winkey press and all the winkey combos like win+[, win+p, win+anything worked, this was the one i was looking for.

--------------------------
i tried the registry edit since win98 like below, but they just disabled the entire winkey and any of its combos
like win+p, win+F1... etc. this was nonsense.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]
"NoWinKeys"=dword:00000001

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Keyboard Layout]
"Scancode Map"=hex:00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,03,00,00,00,00,00,5b,e0,00,00,5c,e0,00,00,00,00
---------------------------

1987's DOS version keyworks.exe worked the same way as ztree's ZTM
{{alt+F1}} {civ}{enter}{1}{4}{1} {enter}....
{{ctrl+p}} {pctools.bat}{enter}{down}{down}{F1}....
{{}}
etc

ABC.ZTM
ENTER,ESC,ESC,CTRL_INS,f,HOME,-,\,CTRL_.... basically the same as keyworks

I undertand this sort of simple macros, but from the looks of autohotkey's script, it looked like some kind of C++ program. it might be difficult to learn.

I have two questions
AutoHotkey.exe "winkey - no.ahk" why does it work like a tweak?
I am still looking for a registry hack if any, because I dont want AutoHotkey.exe to be memory resident, until i know enough for autohotkey to replace hot keyboard.

My laptop doesnt have a right winkey, it has an useless menu key (application key) and i want to replace it with the functional winkey and its combos.
hot keyboard can assign the menu key as the winkey but it only plays as a single winkey and winkey + other key combos do not work in there. functional replacement was impossible.
is there a way to do this with autohotkey.exe?

Thread locked

Messages in this Thread

96,631 Postings in 12,230 Threads, 350 registered users, 73 users online (0 registered, 73 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: Mar 19, 2024 - 2:14 am UTC  |  Hits:62,005,310  (2,591 Today )
RSS Feed