ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

m32[ZEP] Alt T(ag) Directories using U(p), D(own)   [ZEP]

By: Art Kocsis     So Calif  
Date: Dec 06,2018 at 15:47
In Response to: [ZEP] Alt T(ag) Directories using U(p), D(own) (Tim Mongeon)

> However, now that I do see how it works, it seems to be a convenience
> (saves one keystroke) from using Alt Tag - Up Down as stated in the Help
> or am I missing something?

Probably not at this point. ZTree is all about functionality and sometimes convenience. The plethora of ZTree options lets us work the way we prefer and sometimes gives us alternate ways to accomplish the same task.

> It also does not address my original question of tagging multiple
> directories without having to hold down the T key to save on pain in my
> wrists and hands. However the use of the Branch command with the provided
> macro will be a good compromise.

I'm not sure exactly what you are trying to do. As I understand it you are working with a set of directories under a parent directory, some of which contain tagged files that you want to preserve, and you want to tag an arbitrary number of additional directories. You haven't stated any criteria for selecting these additional directories (or branches?), but I suspect that any auto selection criteria would be complex and probably one-off.

So assuming that you are manually selecting and tagging files/directories here's what I would do:

In the Directory Window, starting at the parent directory - scroll down to the next directory

• If you want to tag/untag the entire current directory (remember: do this while in DW mode), press Cntl-T (or Cntl-U to untag)

• If you want to tag the entire current branch, press B(ranch) [switches to File Window mode], then Cntl-T (or Alt-T, down_arrow or Cntl-down_arrow depending on your options setting). Press Enter to return to DW mode.

• If you want to tag selected blocks of files in either the current directory or branch, press B(ranch) (even for a single directory), scroll down to select blocks and alternately press Cntl-down_arrow/Alt-down_arrow (or Alt-T/Alt-U,down_arrow), to tag/untag all subsequent files below the current selection.

Beyond that I don't know what to tell you. Until we have Elon's direct mind to computer connection we are limited to an eyes and fingers interface.

Namaste', Art

Press any key to exit,
Press any other key to continue...
- unknown

Messages in this Thread

93,933 Postings in 11,850 Threads, 347 registered users, 7 users online (0 registered, 7 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: Dec 10, 2018 - 2:49 pm EST  |  Hits:26,926,039  (2,507 Today )
RSS Feed