ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

[Wiki] Is there any interest to resuscitate a Wiki ?   [Wiki]

By: Martijn Coppoolse   Homepage   Voorburg, NL  
Date: Dec 10,2018 at 06:05
In Response to: [Wiki] Is there any interest to resuscitate a Wiki ? (Laurent Duchastel)

> Tim's request for Wiki files made me wonder if there is any
> interest to resuscitate a ZTree Wiki ?
>
> Last attempt was doomed by these factors: low participation, security
> issues (TikiWiki's engine was full of holes at that time and the site
> has been hacked at least three times), learning curve to learn Wiki
> syntax, lack of appropriate feature for tracking ZEP's, but mostly by my
> lack of expertise and own dedication to maintain the site.
>
> Wiki's platforms have evolved greatly since. There are now 100% free
> hosted solutions that would better suited for a community-driven Wiki,
> rather than hosting it on a personal web server.
>
> Let me know if you are interested a) to have such Wiki, b) to co-admin
> it.

I’d be in favor of having a wiki (preferably with the old content restored), even though I haven’t really missed the existing one all that much. I’d be happy to co-administrate it. I do have trouble spending the time I’d like on my existing projects already, so I don’t know exactly how much time I’d be able to spend on it; so the co would be a requirement for me.

But it sounds (to me) that setting up — for example — a GitHub account with a wiki and issues (for ZEPs) shouldn’t be too big a burden.
Restoring the existing content, OTOH, would take some time, but IMO that’s something that can be done in tiny chunks at a time. (It’s usually the stuff that requires longer consecutive stretches of time that’s problematic for me).

--
Martijn

Thread locked

Messages in this Thread

94,417 Postings in 11,916 Threads, 348 registered users, 7 users online (0 registered, 7 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: Aug 26, 2019 - 1:20 am EDT  |  Hits:28,567,752  (186 Today )
RSS Feed