ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

[OT] Run genuine XTreeGold 3.01 in the browser!   [OT]

By: Greg Akers       
Date: Feb 14,2019 at 02:46
In Response to: [OT] Run genuine XTreeGold 3.01 in the browser! (Paul Laufer)

> > > . . . .
> main one was two lines running RemoteAccess, usually under Desqview. The . . . .
>
> I can't believe I'm feeling like an old man now. :)

DesqView!?! Now that's a blast from the past!

DesqView was great on a PC XT and on a 286 AT. Then, along with QEMM 386 on a 386, it was Out Of Sight!!! I couldn't wait to get a 386 machine. I bought a Hauppage 286 to 386 upgrade kit and could get more work done on that in an hour than most could in a day!

Even when we got a LAN with MS Windows 3.11 on it, I just ran that in a DesqView window, or two, while running all our still locally installed apps in their own DV windows. And the first app I always setup in MS Windows XtreeGold! Exploring (pardon the expression) the LAN w/XTG was always interesting, until the proliferation of 32-bit long path and filenames. Frustration soon insued.

And then, when I finally discovered ZTreeWin, the LAN, and by then the WAN too, opened up to me again. And soon, after the turn of the century, I was begrudgingly forgoing DesqView, since the company and support had long since went away, and using MS Windows to multitask.

Thanks for reminding me of those good old days.

Thread locked

Messages in this Thread

96,631 Postings in 12,230 Threads, 350 registered users, 72 users online (0 registered, 72 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: Mar 19, 2024 - 9:45 am UTC  |  Hits:62,014,021  (11,302 Today )
RSS Feed