ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

[Help!] Search for text and replace with <del> key   [Help!]

By: Doug Borg     Newton, MA, USA  
Date: May 11,2019 at 12:01
In Response to: [Help!] Search for text and replace with key (Neil Clough)

> > Replace with 2 key strokes
> >
> > to rejoin the lines.
> >
> > Is this possible ?
> >
> > Is there another way?
> >
> > Thanks,
>
> Not sure why text has lines through it !!!

Your text has lines through it because it was probably accidentally tagged with the strikeout HTML sequence "< s >text< /s >".

With respect to the line splitting problem, IMO, this is a job for a text editor.

I use TextPad v8.1.2 as my text editor. TextPad can do text Search and Replace with regular expressions; its regular expression syntax is based on Perl. So, in the following, when I refer to "regular expression" I am referring to TextPad's implementation of Perl.

Therefore, I would do a global S&R for the string "\$\n" (where "\$" is an ESCAPE sequence that turns the "$" special character which stands for EOL in a regular expression into a simple text character and "\n" matches any line ending character sequence), and leave the replacement field blank. I just tested it out on some sample text and it seemed to work.

Does that technique work for you?

Messages in this Thread

94,589 Postings in 11,932 Threads, 348 registered users, 17 users online (0 registered, 17 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: Nov 18, 2019 - 9:39 pm EST  |  Hits:29,171,120  (12,863 Today )
RSS Feed