ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

[Bug] IIRC ZTW No longer uses external ZIP archiver   [Bug]

By: Art Kocsis     So Calif  
Date: Aug 07,2019 at 10:22
In Response to: [Bug] IIRC ZTW No longer uses external ZIP archiver (Paul Borisoff)

[Bug] IIRC ZTW No longer uses external ZIP archiver

> > IIRC, zip file creation/extraction is now handled internally by ZTW.
> > It doesn't use an external archived at all. So the Ctl-F5/Alt-F5
> > commands are not using your pkzipc but internal ZTW code instead.
> > Verify this by disabling all your zip archivers and rerun your test.
>
> Yes, I've become smarter... looking into pkzip and setting encryption
> to tradition encryption... winzip with legacy 2.0... it works with ztree.

Bah !!! Got stung by the logout lose-your-post again! And this was AFTER I had reloaded the reply page and verified that I was still logged on! Different browser and did not have Lazarus Form Recovery installed. Do Now! No fun trying to recreate what I can't remember so just a few comments:

To recap what you are saying:

• Zip files created and encrypted by ZTW (internal) can be opened and decrypted by Winzip
• Zip files created and encrypted by Winzip (default) can be opened but not decrypted by ZTW (internal).
• You changed the option settings for Winzip to revert to legacy encryption methods and now ZTW (internal) will successfully decrypt the Winzip created archives.
• Winzip is backward compatible with "legacy" encryption methods

I didn't realize that there were different methods / formats for zip file encryption but that would explain why ZTW (internal) failed to decrypt the Nirsoft utility package. Even though the password was correct, ZTW said it wasn't. Had to use 7z GUI to extract the files.

What this implies is that ZTW's internal zip process needs updating. In case Kim does not read all of these comments you should post your experience as a bug report under the last ZETA release.

Namaste', Art

Press any key to exit,
Press any other key to continue...
- unknown

Messages in this Thread

94,671 Postings in 11,938 Threads, 348 registered users, 19 users online (1 registered, 18 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: Dec 15, 2019 - 6:23 pm EST  |  Hits:29,414,603  (2,345 Today )
RSS Feed