ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

[Bug] Split Directory Mode Crashes   [Zeta]

By: John Gruener     Orlando, Florida  
Date: Oct 21,2019 at 12:30
In Response to: [Zeta] v2.4.188 Now Available! (Kim Henkel)

This is not new in this build. In fact I'm able to reproduce it in v2.4.75 from 7 years ago. Haven't tried builds older than that. I discovered these crashes while testing the Directory Mode %4 & %5 change in this build.

There appear to be many ways for ZTree to crash while one or both sides of a split are in Directory Mode.

The easiest way to duplicate it is for CO-1U to be = Current, start a new session of ZTree, select a folder that has files and subdirectories, then:

F8 Split
sWitch current (left) side to Dir-mode
Enter the File Window
Tab to right side
Enter the File Window
Tab back to the left side
CRASH!

It will often crash on the first Tab, but sometimes it takes several Tabs back and forth. Using Up or Down on the DM side before Tabbing back and forth seems to increase the chance of crashing.

I've also had it crash:
1. With both sides in the Directory Mode
2. With the sides in different directories
3. When using a navigation key on one side or the other
4. When pressing Enter to enter the File Window
5. When pressing Esc to exit the File Window
6. With CO-1U = No and pressing F3 to refresh the DM side

With CO-1U = Current, when it doesn't crash on the first Tab, the current directory on the DM side will often change to a different directory. This could be a clue to the cause.

- John

Messages in this Thread

94,580 Postings in 11,930 Threads, 348 registered users, 11 users online (1 registered, 10 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: Nov 17, 2019 - 4:22 am EST  |  Hits:29,144,672  (4,633 Today )
RSS Feed