ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

[Q] Print, Catalog of Tagged Dirs   [Q]

By: Andrew Watson     Perth, Western Australia  
Date: Nov 01,2019 at 02:40
In Response to: [Q] Mountvol problem (Andrew Watson)

I have all of my drives logged to two ZLOG files. I had to create a second file for my newer drives because I couldn't get MOUNTVOL to work and I had reached drive Z: when I created the first ZLOG in 2014.

As I said in the first post when I try and consolidate the photos I invariably lose track of where I am up to. I know I could write a note on a piece of paper and refer to it when I return to the task next day or next week.

However, that's too simple. What's the fun in having a computer if you don't take hours thinking, experimenting and coding to get a perfect solution even if the pen and paper solution would only take a few minutes?

This is how I am going to generate the required list:

* Load ZLOG file.
* sWitch to directory view
* Tag the uppermost directories that have subdirectories with photos in them on each drive.
* Global
* Print, Catalog of tagged dirs

BUG - When you choose Catalog of tagged dirs the next screen says Catalog of tagged files.

* Line/page (0) - so you don't get a header block on each page
* Print to: TAB to Clip:
* Open Excel and Paste list.
* Flag or highlight each directory when copy has been completed.

I will programmatically generate batch files to XCOPY all the uppermost directories on each drive to the new photos only drive.

Andrew Watson

Messages in this Thread

94,579 Postings in 11,930 Threads, 348 registered users, 9 users online (1 registered, 8 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: Nov 15, 2019 - 3:00 am EST  |  Hits:29,104,881  (2,095 Today )
RSS Feed