ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

[Bug] Directory Window F3 Refresh   [Zeta]

By: John Gruener     Orlando, Florida  
Date: Nov 29,2019 at 21:21
In Response to: [Zeta] v2.4.192 Now Available! (Kim Henkel)

This is very strange.

Log all files and subdirectories in the \Windows\servicing or the \Windows\WinSxS directories.

Note first that all subdirectories are fully logged. (Press Shift-PageDown to confirm).

Then on either directory do an F3 to refresh. After the refresh many of the subdirectories will now be unlogged. At first I thought it was because Windows was adding or changing the names of subdirectories in the background, but this appears not to be the case. It happens within seconds, and it's always the same subdirectories and the same names that get unlogged.

And it's not just F3. If CO-1R = Always simply Enter and exit the \Windows\WinSxS directory, or the \Windows\servicing\LCU\Package_for_RollupFix... directory.

In my case about 40 of over 13,000 directories are unlogged under \Windows\servicing and over 600 of the more than 27,000 are unlogged under \Windows\WinSxS.

Normally when I find what looks to be a bug I try to find some clue to the cause. In this case I'm baffled. I cannot see anything common to any of these subdirectories that would make them different from the subdirectories that always remain logged.

Anyone else?

- John

Messages in this Thread

94,666 Postings in 11,937 Threads, 348 registered users, 13 users online (0 registered, 13 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: Dec 14, 2019 - 3:53 am EST  |  Hits:29,409,305  (944 Today )
RSS Feed