ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

More than minimal (revised)   [Zeta]

By: John Gruener     Orlando, Florida  
Date: Dec 09,2019 at 16:10
In Response to: minimal glitch (Hartmut Schneider)

> > even a triple click on a directory does nothing

> That's true, but when you then highlight a file and double-right-click on it,
> the *first try opens the context menu (ESC to close) and not the Viewer;
> but subsequent tries work as expected (double-right-click opens
> Viewer).
>
> Seems as if ZTree internally has remembered one additional click and
> doesn't count up to 2 on the double-right-click.
> No great deal, but a reproduceable glitch. May perhaps be eliminated
> by resetting the click counter when changing between DW and FW.

I don't think this is a result of a triple click, or remembering a previous count.

A double-right-click on any file that has not yet had its context menu displayed will result in opening the context menu rather than the viewer. Also, a single-right-click on any directory will cause a double-right-click on a file to open the context menu again, even if it has previously opened the viewer on that file.

I've marked this as fixed because the original problem of launching an independent context menu while retaining focus in ZTree is mostly fixed. I say 'mostly' because I was able to make it happen once while doing all these double, triple and quadruple right click tests, but could not reproduce it. I don't expect a normal user to be stressing ZTree to this extent. So until someone can reproduce it consistently I consider this fixed.

Therefore, while related to or caused by this fix, IMO this is a new bug and I'll post it under v2.4.193.

- John

Messages in this Thread

94,727 Postings in 11,942 Threads, 348 registered users, 19 users online (1 registered, 18 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: Jan 27, 2020 - 1:05 pm EST  |  Hits:29,799,871  (6,089 Today )
RSS Feed