ZTree.com  | ZEN  | About...  

Index   Back

[Tip] Batch Files Professional 5.0.20   [Tip]

By: Andrew Watson     Perth, Western Australia  
Date: Feb 22,2020 at 18:21
In Response to: [Tip] Batch Files Professional 5.0.20 (Andrew Watson)

The Readme.txt file in the download says:

IMPORTANT: please note that due to the Themida wrapper usage your installation might be blocked by your antivirus (AVG, Avast or Kaspersky)!

I have looked up Themida:

Advanced Windows software protection system, developed for software developers who wish to protect their applications against advanced reverse engineering and software cracking.

https://www.oreans.com/themida.php

I cannot find any indication that it is malware, but you must make your own decision whether to install this software.

---------------

I have tried to run Setup.exe via Sandboxie but nothing happens.

FYI Sandboxie is now free.

https://www.sandboxie.com/

Sandboxie uses isolation technology to separate programs from your underlying operating system preventing unwanted changes from happening to your personal data, programs and applications that rest safely on your hard drive.

Web Browsing
Secure your favorite web browser and block malicious software, viruses, ransom-ware and zero day threats by isolating such attacks in the Sandbox; leaving your system protected

Email
Run your favorite email program in Sandboxie so you never have to worry about suspicious attachments or spear phishing attacks

Data Protection
Sandboxie prevents internet websites and programs from modifying your personal data (i.e. My Documents), files & folders on your system

Application Testing
Safely test and try new programs and applications within Sandboxie and prevent unauthorized changes to your underlying system that may occur

----------------------

I will now install VirtualBox and find my vanilla Win XP virtual machine from somewhere in my multi external HD backup "system" and install it in there.

Andrew Watson

Messages in this Thread

94,800 Postings in 11,952 Threads, 348 registered users, 19 users online (0 registered, 19 guests)
Index | Admin contact |   Forum Time: Mar 28, 2020 - 5:17 am EDT  |  Hits:30,500,220  (2,299 Today )
RSS Feed